Bachelors of Dental Surgery (B.D.S)
BDS course was started in 2009 with 50 students. Since 2019, the student intake has increased to 63 including 13 EWS seats per year.
IGGDC,Jammu is affiliated to Jammu University.
I B.D.S EXAMINATION :
- General anatomy including embryology and histology
- General human physiology and biochemistry
- Dental anatomy, embryology and oral histology
Any student, who does not clear the first BDS University Examination in all subjects within 3 years from the date of admission, shall be discharged from the Course. Any candidate who fails in one subject in an Examination is permitted to go to the next higher class and appear for the subject and complete it successfully before he is permitted to appear for the next higher examination
II B.D.S EXAMINATION :
A Candidate who has not successfully completed the 1st B.D.S examination can not appear in the IInd year Examination.
- General Pathology and Microbiology
- General and dental pharmacology and therapeutics
- Dental Materials
- Pre Clinical conservative – Only Practical and Viva Voce
- Pre Clinical Prosthodontics – Only Practical and Viva Voce
III B.D.S EXAMINATION
- General Medicine
- General surgery
- Oral pathology and Oral Microbiology
IV B.D.S EXAMINATION
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Conservative dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Health Dentistry
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
The fifth year of BDS course comprises of one year Internship is applicable to all students to enable them to get BDS degree.